Trust and Transparency Center
Citadel is committed to maintaining strong protections for our customers, products and company. We believe in building and maintaining trust, reducing risk and simply doing what is right.
Citadel is committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on our websites and in using our products and services.
This Privacy Statement applies to Citadel websites that link to or reference this Statement and describes how we handle personal information and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access, and how to update and correct your personal information. Additional information on our personal information practices may be provided in offer descriptions, supplemental privacy statements, or notices provided prior to or at the time of data collection. Certain Citadel websites may have their own privacy statement that describes how we handle personal information for those websites specifically. To the extent a notice provided at the time of collection or a website specific privacy statement conflict with this Privacy Statement, such specific notice or supplemental privacy statement will control.
Collection of Your Personal Information
We may collect data, including personal information, about you as you use our websites and interact with us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. If we link other data with your personal information, we will treat that linked data as personal information. We also collect personal information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect personal information to assist us.
We collect personal information for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Processing your order, including payment transactions.
- Providing you with a newsletter subscription.
- Sending marketing communications.
- Creating an account.
- Enabling the use of certain features of our Solutions.
- Personalizing your experience.
- Providing customer service.
- Managing a job application.
- Collecting information during the testing admissions process when a computer-based certification test is administered to you.
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time and across our websites with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve its overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
If you choose to provide Citadel with a third party’s personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to do so. Examples include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe from any future communication following the link provided in the initial message or contacting [email protected] In some instances, Citadel and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website and to help tailor content or offers for you. Please read the “Cookies and Other Web Technologies” section below for more information.
back to top
Uses of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our websites and Solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. Some of the ways we may use personal information include:
- Delivering a solution you requested.
- Analyzing, supporting, and improving our solutions and your online experience.
- Personalizing websites, newsletters and other communications.
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer satisfaction purposes, either directly from Citadel or from our partners.
back to top
Access to and Accuracy of Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your personal information accurate and up to date. We provide a number of options to access, correct, suppress, or delete your personal information:
- If you need assistance, or help with accessing, correcting, suppressing, or deleting your personal information, please feel free to contact us directly. We make good faith efforts to honor reasonable requests to access, delete, update, suppress, or correct your data. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to honor your request, we will provide you with an explanation.
back to top
Your Choices and Selecting Your Communication Preferences
We give you the choice of receiving a variety of information related to our solutions. You can manage your communication preferences through the following methods:
- By following the instructions included in each promotional email from us to unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
- By sending us a message through email at [email protected] or by mail to: Citadel Data Centers, Privacy Legal Department, 600 Congress Ave., 14th Floor, Austin, TX 78736, USA. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific, relevant information about the material you no longer wish to receive.
These choices do not apply to service notifications or other required communications that are considered part of certain solutions, which you may receive periodically unless you stop using or cancel the solution in accordance with its terms and conditions. With your permission, we may also share your personal information with Citadel business partners or vendors, so they may send you information about products or services that may be of interest to you. To opt-out of this sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please send us an email.
By using our websites or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, if we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our websites, by sending an email, or otherwise contacting you.
back to top
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our solutions, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent.
We may share personal information in the following ways:
- Within Citadel and any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
- With Citadel business partners or vendors, so that they may share information with you about their products or services. To opt-out of Citadel sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please send us an email.
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide a requested solution, service or transaction. Examples may include but are not limited to: processing of orders and credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting seminar registration, assisting with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Citadel, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
back to top
Security of Your Personal Information
We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Citadel implements physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us.
back to top
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
Like many websites, Citadel may use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website. Examples include your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website.
They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you connect to the Internet. It is a unique address assigned by your Internet service provider or IT department on a TCP/IP network. Among other things, the IP address allows web servers to locate and identify your device.
- Clickstream behavior. This includes, for example, the pages you view and the links you click. These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the websites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different from blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies.
No industry standard currently exists on how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. Citadel websites do not currently recognize and respond to “do not track” signals. If we do in the future, we will describe how in this Privacy Statement.
back to top
We may provide links to other third-party websites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those websites (and all websites) you visit.
back to top
Forums and Chat Rooms
If you participate in a discussion forum, local communities, or chat room on a Citadel website, you should be aware that the information you provide there (i.e. your public profile) will be made broadly available to others, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes neither Citadel nor you have control over. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Citadel is not responsible for the personal information or any other information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
back to top
Citadel encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Citadel does not knowingly collect personal information from children without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the applicable age of consent in your country without proper consent, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
back to top
Consent to Transfer, Processing and Storage of Personal Information
As Citadel is a global organization, we may transfer your personal information to Citadel in the United States of America, to any Citadel subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites or providing any personal information to us, where applicable law permits, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
back to top
Your California Privacy Rights
Citadel qualifies for the alternative option. We have a comprehensive privacy statement and provide you with details on how you may either opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties for direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we are not required to maintain or disclose a list of the third parties that received your personal information for marketing purposes during the preceding year.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices, please email us your request.
back to top
How to Contact Us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email our privacy team at [email protected]
back to top
Updates to this Citadel Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date. You agree to visit these pages periodically to be aware of and review any such revisions. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on our websites or sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
The Citadel Privacy Statement was revised and posted as of April 11, 2017.